[magazine] AtStar1 August Issue - JR & Ren Interview



Q: You've become the models for beauty brand Labiotte. How do you feel?
JR: The fact that we got to film an advertisement for the first time makes me feel really happy. Especially when I heard that we got selected to be CF models for a beauty brand, I was really thankful (laughs).
Ren: I'm very happy about being a model for advertisements for the first time, and I have more attachment to this time's work. I hope that NU'EST and Labiotte's meeting will receive more love from the public.

Q: It must've been a long time since you did a photoshoot. Wasn't it hard?
JR: It's been a really long time so I was honestly very nervous. Posing according to the camera shutter was somewhat awkward but throughout the filming I was feeling very happy and enjoying it.
Ren: (laughs) Even the area around my lips were shaking. After this filming, I want to meet the fans frequently through more active promotions, and I want to show a side of myself that's more advanced and shining.

Q: It was a photoshoot with the concept of a warm boyfriend. Do you think you delivered that feeling well?
JR: (laughs) I tried my best but maybe because it's been a long time so I can't really tell whether I delivered that feeling well. I hope everyone looks upon me prettily.
Ren: I thought of the camera as LO/\Es and worked hard. I just hope that my gaze was properly delivered to the fans.

Q: Is there another photoshoot concept that you want to challenge? Please tell us in detail.
JR: I want to challenge a sexy photoshoot after exercising hard (laughs). If not then how about a really dark photoshoot?
Ren: I want to do a high fashion photoshoot or one with a unique feeling that others have not tried before. I think a photoshoot with a genderless look, which was the trend for 2017 Spring, would be good too.

Q: Seeing your skin, it seems like you guys are the perfect beauty models. What is your secret to taking care of your skin?
JR: My skin is on the dry side so I usually drink lots of water and work hard and try to put mask packs often. I also try my best to not get stressed.
Ren: I'm in the midst of working hard trying this and that. Wouldn't my skin become better after using Labiotte products?

Q: Is there a member you would pick as having the best skin in NU'EST?
JR: (Choi) Minki! He works the hardest amongst the members at taking care of his skin so [his skin] is really good. There are many times when I look at Minki's skin and think that I have to work hard at taking care of mine too.
Ren: I think it's Minki (laughs). I love myself, you see. Puhaha. Honestly Jonghyun's skin is really good.

Q: We're curious about whether there's anything else you want to be a model for.
JR: Um... How about a beverage model? If I become the model for the beverage I like, I think I will feel really good every time I drink that beverage.
Ren: As I have lots of interest in clothes and I love fashion, [I want to be] a fashion brand model! Also as much as I've become an adult, I want to challenge an alcohol advertisement.

Q: Throughout the filming, the photographer kept praising that you guys smile very well. Seems your smiles are not awkward. 
JR: I always think we should enjoy, so I think that's why [he] looked upon us favourably. I usually like to have fun talking to my friends while smiling.

Q: We're curious about what kind of personality you have.
JR: I have 2 older sisters so I play a lot of jokes and also have a little aegyo. During practice or when I'm working, I try my best to pursue perfection.

Q: We were shocked at your long eyelashes. Were you born with them?
Ren: (laughs). I'm always living while being grateful to my parents. Although they are made by my parents, I sometimes boast about [my eyelashes] to them. Puhaha.

Q: If you had to pick a part of your face that you're the most confident in.
Ren: I want to say my eyes, nose, and lips (laughs). Although there could be people who think otherwise, as much as I love myself, I love my eyes, nose and lips too. Haha. I hope everyone can love themselves more like me.

Q: How have you been after Mnet <Produce 101 Season 2> ended?
JR: LO/\Es and Bugi squad gave me overwhelming love and interest, so even after the broadcast I'm living happily. In order to repay that love and interest, I'm currently working hard on [a new album]. Please anticipate it lots! Thank you so much.
Ren: Honestly I think I'm getting along while thinking of the fans the most. Of course I am always thankful to my family and the people around me.

Q: The reactions of the people around you must've changed a lot. Are you feeling it?
JR: It still feels surreal. It just feels like I'm dreaming. The fact that the songs in our previous albums are climbing back up the charts on music sites and many people are listening to NU'EST songs.
Ren: I think that many people recognised our desperate hearts so I gained even more strength. I'm thankful. It's become my motivation for the future.

Q: There are many fans waiting for your active promotions. What are you future plans?
JR: I want to let people listen to even better music and in order to meet [the fans] in many different places, we are preparing hard and will show you our hard work.
Ren: Not just our NU'EST members, but I hope all the fans too will be able to gain good energy and happiness and walk on the flower path. In order to do that, I will work hard!

Q: Say something to the readers of @Star1
JR: Please give us lots of interest and love in the future and I will become an even more improved Jonghyun. Be with us so we can be happy and enjoy ourselves!
Ren: Thank you for reading our interview, and I hope that through this interview I could show more of myself. The weather is very hot recently, so everyone be careful of the heat and I hope that you will always have happy days.

스캔 보내주신 Doongdoong608님 정말 감사합니다!

translations by wartortlekjh
please do not repost on twitter/blogs
please take out to other sites/translate to different languages with full credits

0 comments